Sunday, September 23, 2007

World Champs Update #1

I am board. This waiting around for the time trial is pretty boring. Instead of spending hours each day riding I am spending hours each day trying to find ways to waste time. To you this may sound a little silly. You may be thinking, “You are in Germany after all. Go see and do. Drink beer and eat bratwurst.” This would be all good if I weren’t trying to have the best race of my life on Wednesday. See and doing takes/requires energy. Beer and brats fill you up with unwanted/bad energy. Thus, I am limited to the bed, chairs and the elevator (ok, I take the stairs going down). I wish we could hurry up and race. Get it over with then go home. So, due to the boredom of waiting around for the time trial on Wednesday, I have decided to do a daily blog update of everything I do, interesting or not.

Here goes:
Sunday-
-Slept in
-Had a very leisurely breakfast
-Spent most of the morning in bed
-Drove the TT course (it looks great!)
-Ate the BEST sandwich I have ever had (German brown roll, egg, jam, cream cheese)
-Met Dave Zabriskie (another “real” pro)
-Surfed the Internet
-Drank a cappuccino (not bad tasting for being in Germany)
-More Internet wasting time (shouldn’t I be doing homework?)
-Dinner (pasta of course)
-Learned about time trial bikes from the current World TT Champion, Kristin Armstrong (that WAS interesting).
-Bed

One down, three days to go…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep blogging......kendra and Jacqui are reading your blog you superstar.
jacqui

Anonymous said...

read a book to stay unbored.

i will send you some good luck wishes for your tt.

bfisk