Friday, April 16, 2010

Sea Otter-Day 2

Day 2 of 5 day sea level training camp, oops, I mean Sea Otter day 2...
I say training camp because Sea Otter doesn't really feel like a race. Why not? The road races are just a side show to the expo and to the mtn bike races, there is NO prize $$, we are skipping one of the races, and it's not an NRC race. For these reasons and the fact I also have my mtn bike here, it feels more like a 5 day sea level training camp instead of a race.

Day 2 of training camp went well. Woke up early, went for a short bike ride (I love riding my bike early in the morning), hung out, then rode to the Laguna Seca Raceway.
AP and Alison T at the raceway.

At 2:50pm the three of us, two teammates and I, raced the 50 min crit. We did not get a good result but we each got a good work out and training day in (after all, this is a 5 day sea level training camp, not REAL racing).
Crit start/finish-look at all the spectators!

After "racing", hanging out, doing some sponsor stuff, and driving in traffic, we finally made it home. My teammates and director made a super yummy dinner for us, I did the dishes, stretch then it was bed time.

No comments: