Sunday, July 8, 2012

Break Time

 2 weeks home. 5 more days left. It's been a really great break. I needed it. I was getting tired of power meters, skinny tires, spandex, the race/recover cycle, and being away from home.

I needed to ride my new mtn bike, ride my road bike without worrying about my watts and cadence. I needed to get drunk at steel*wool, I needed to see my family, and I needed to remind my friends and He Who Must Not Be Named that I still care about them and want to hang out.


















I needed a break and I got it. Now, I'm ready to get serious again. Time to train. Time to focus. Only 3 more important races left.

 On a side note- I got to do Saturday's part of the MS 150 on a tandem and it was awesome.
 Lori and I kicked ass. We were strong, we laughed, we learned, and we were finished by 11:30am.


No comments: