Saturday, December 3, 2011

Hip Flexors

This time of year is one of my favorite times to ride my bike. Riding on snow packed roads is quiet, peaceful, enjoyable, and sometimes quite challenging. However, I have a healing elbow and the thought of falling down on the snowy road (it's happened several times) and breaking my healing arm makes me ill. Thus, I'll have to wait another couple weeks before I can do my outside snow riding.

In the meantime, I've been having to come up with other activities to do while my 'bow heals. I've been going to the gym and actually lifting weights (gasp!), I've been riding the trainer, and today I busted out the snowshoes (no Nordic skiing yet due to the chance of falling down and lack of arm strength--another favorite activity put on hold).

It was actually fun--and a dang good workout. Breaking trail works over the hip flexors (they're still worked over and I'm sitting on the couch).

I saw 5 deer- 2 bucks and 3 ladies. Of course the phone wasn't wanting to work as a camera when one of the bucks was in the middle of the trail starting at me.

Looks like one of the Bucks got the better of this poor little tree.
Soon I'll be back to my snow riding and Nordic skiing, but for now, I'll enjoy different winter activities.

No comments: