Saturday, April 28, 2012

Yin-Yang

This Simbol(Yin-Yang) represents the ancient Chinese understanding of how things work. The outer circle represents "everything", while the black and white shapes within the circle represent the interaction of two energies, called "yin" (black) and "yang" (white), which cause everything to happen. They are not completely black or white, just as things in life are not completely black or white, and they cannot exist without each other.

 



 While "yin" would be dark, passive, downward, cold, contracting, and weak, "yang" would be bright, active, upward, hot, expanding, and strong. The shape of the yin and yang sections of the symbol, actually gives you a sense of the continual movement of these two energies, yin to yang and yang to yin, causing everything to happen: just as things expand and contract, and temperature changes from hot to cold.- I stole this quote from "http://fly.cc.fer.hr/~shlede/ying/yang.html"


I believe in the Yin-Yang, very much so. I've blogged about it several times- http://alipowers.blogspot.com/search?q=ying+yang.


Driving to the airport after Sea Otter, I had a funny feeling something bad was going to happen--ask Anne or Olivia. I announced it in the car and they thought I was full of BS. 


Everything went so well, amazingly well, at Sea Otter (4 stage wins, sprint Jersey, and Overall GC win) that life had to balance out. One way or another something bad was going to happen.


Call it what you will- negative thinking, pessimism, whatever. I call it life.


Sure enough, Wednesday evening the Yin entered my body in the form of a stomach virus. After 20 hours, the pain was so horrible I had He Who Must Not Be Named take me to the ER for fear of appendicitis (you're welcome insurance company).


After many tests and lots of pain medicine, it was determined I am a very healthy person and should feel better in a few days. I felt like wuss who had to go to the ER with a little abdominal pain.


This Yin has kicked my ass the past few days, but if it means more Yang is on it's way, then let's get it on. I can deal.

No comments: