Monday, February 14, 2011

Alabama Cycling Camp- Year 2

 For the second year, I am in Alabama for the Alabama Cycling Camp.  It's fun stuff.  Yes we ride bikes, but we also do and see other cool things.

For example- when we wake up, we drink coffee.  Then we eat Breakfast.  Then we do whatever we want to until it's ride time.  Yesterday, I visited this nice horse and his/her brother's/sister's (I didn't check their gender).
Then we ride: anywhere from 2.5-4.5 hrs.  Nice people to chat with, amazing roads, and dogs.  That's another thing we do- scare off the dogs that either want to chase us, play with us, bite us, or all three.

We see varying scenery, but one thing is a constant and that's the amount of trash on the side of the road.  It's sad.  They need the "Adopt a Highway" program here.
Here's a pretty picture with no trash.  It was also one of the few spots I get good cell service.
 Post ride, we eat, shower, then have free time.  Which is what I'm using right now to blog.  And now, I'm tired of it and want to go on a walk.  So I'll finish this post another day.

No comments: