Sunday, November 11, 2007

Riding Bikes

After World Champs, I was cooked. Totally tired. Tired of riding, tired of training, tired of eating "good for you food", tired of traveling and tired of being away from home, friends and family. It was time for a break.

A break I had, and it was great. Four weeks of nothing-ness. Except for 3 hikes, I did no exercise whatsoever. Instead, I caught up with friends, family, work and rest. Now I feel MUCH better.

Now, riding bikes is FUN! I've been on all kinds of bikes doing all sorts of riding; road, cross and even a mountain bike (and it was fun!).

It's easy to forget how fun riding a bike is. It's easy to become attached to the SRM becoming a robot on the bike. It's also easy to be so concerned with training that you forget to enjoy yourself and remember why you ride a bike: because it's FUN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Soooo good to see you the other night, Alison! Thanks for coming, and thanks for the new blog! I do understand you needed a blogging break as much as a break from the bike. Enjoy the holidays!