Monday, May 5, 2008

5th Grade

Many people wonder what we do with our spare time. Cyclists can only ride their bikes for so many hours in a day. On Saturday, the answer to that question was "go back to 5th grade".

After pre-riding the course for the Bern World Cup, it came out that I not only do not like math, but I can't remember how to do any math beyond the 4th grade level without a calculator. Carmen, being the math teacher, took it upon herself to re-educate me in her most favorite field of study; mathmatics.

After an hour of re-education, I was given 4 problems to do on my own.

When I was finished, I had a feeling of accomplishment and actually said "Wow! This was fun. I had fun doing math". Then I needed to go to bed because my head hurt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, before Mike's marathon last fall, we were in the hotel room with his friend Josh. Josh is a 7th grade math teacher. He gave Mike the "Math Packet" for his advanced class and asked him to make the answer key, so Josh could grade the week's homework. IT WAS HARD!! Good job working on those Math skills! Clearly, sitting in a hotel room before a race isn't terribly exciting!!
H

H