Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Perfect Freedom

Yesterday while on the way to the Czech Rebublic, we stopped in Salzburg to spend the night. Before sleeping and before dinner was a ride. It was the most perfect ride I have had in a long time.

I arrived in Pisa on Sunday with non of my bags. 4 days and three countries later, that continues to be the case. And I dedicate my perfect ride to that; lack of baggage.

When I got to the hotel room yesterday in Salzburg, I put on my one pair of chamois, undershirt, jersey, helmet, glasses, socks and shoes. Filled my one water bottle with water and out the door I went. I didn't have to worry about sunscreen, gatorade, gels or bars, camera, SRM, bra, arm band etc. I don't have any of that stuff to worry about. I just went and rode.

I knew I had less than 2 hours to ride, so I turned around when I had almost finished my water bottle. I got rained on. Didn't matter. I don't have a rain jacket anyway. I got to see 2 rainbows. I had no idea where I was going, how fast I was going there, or how many watts I was pushing. I just rode. I would have liked to take some pictures of the "hills are alive with the sound of music" scenery, but I didn't have my camera. I was free to ride. It was awesome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

european bikeing rainbows Ive found memorable...
If i dont have it, i didnt need it