Thursday, February 23, 2012

Winter Training Camp part deux

Winter Training Camp continues (why not when the food is free, the lodging is free, the company is good, and it is still windy at home).

Day 2 brought more nordic skiing at Devil's Thumb. I brought the Dad along for some fun too.
 I never thought I'd see this while skiing in the woods.

Turns out, due to the beetles and clear cutting, there aren't very many "woods" left. As the wind moved over the divide, and there were no trees to block the wind, the skiing stopped being fun.
Nordic skiing was followed by The Lion King-in an attempt to make my concrete legs feel better by spinning them out on the trainer while watching a movie. It didn't really work as my legs still felt like ass after 30 min of riding.

What really made my legs feel better was pizza. At Hernando's. With the family.
Day 3 of winter training camp brought wind, snow, and cold. My legs recovered over night (nice surprise as I am sleeping and working out at 8,500+ ft) and I was able to get a good trainer workout in the garage--I overheated watching the Lion King the day before and I'm blaming that on why my legs felt like ass. Riding in 20 degrees is far better than 60 degrees and no fan.

Trainer ride was followed by snowshoeing. It was very pretty and peaceful.
The snowshoeing was the end of Winter Training Camp 2012. After snowshoeing, I packed up and headed home. I had a great 3 days in Fraser with my family and doing a bit of "winter training". There's a lot of time for bike riding, might as well enjoy winter while I can.

No comments: