Sunday, October 31, 2010

Healing

I arrived from North Carolina to two things.
1.)- Cold weather, snow and wind.  It's a bit of a shock to go from high 70's to mid 20's and snow.  But that's what I love about Colorado so much.  One day it's 20 degrees and snowing sideways and the next day is 70 degrees and sunny.
 2.)- a Bona Fied Achilles injury. It is official. I hurt my Achilles tendon pretty badly while I was in North Carolina.  Riding through (during) the pain only made it worse and I have not been on my bike in more than a week.

Instead of riding, I have been healing.  I had PT three times this past week and my bag of frozen peas is my new best friend.  I'm trying to heal because I hate being injured and I hate not being able to ride my bike.  Fortunately, I have been injured several time during my athletic career, so I have a good idea of what the "healing process" involves.

So, I've been at home or at FasCat Coaching, where I now work.  If I can't ride my bike, I might as well be happy in helping others ride their bike faster.

This is Lucy Dog.  While at home, she helps me heal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never underestimate the power of a therapy dog. Happy healing to you - scratches to Lucy dog (and Jackson, too, so he won't be jealous.)
~AC

Dream Valley Ranch said...

Hi Lucy! You look especially innocent in that picture...too bad we know better ;)

I hope your mommy feels better soon!
xoxox
Auntie Suebeedoo and the Yahoos, too!

Anonymous said...

lucy-fur is a good girl..!