Sunday, August 21, 2011

The BEST Vacation

For the past 10 (or so) years, I haven't ever really needed a vacation. Mostly because my life is like a permanent vacation.  The life of a bike racer is pretty plush- other than taking care of yourself, there aren't 
many other responsibilities. This year, however, due to injury and coaching making me busier (and happier), I needed a vacation. I needed to get away from having to go somewhere or do something or be on a very tight schedule.

This was my first vacation I truly looked forward to doing nothing, and having nothing to do but watch TV, drink espresso, ride my mtn bike (and maybe not every day), and hang out with He Who Shall Not Be Named.

Crested Butte Vacation 2011did not disappoint.

 

 We hung out, slept in, watched TV, rode mtn bikes in absolutely amazing scenery and flowers, then hung out some more. No computers, no internet, no driving around or having to ride somewhere.
 We even camped one night and man it was rough.  A morning visit by a deer completed our espresso drinking.
 A bonus was a vacation bike ride with The Sister and The Bro-in-Law.
 A bonus bonus was getting asked by He Who Shall Not Be Named if I'd marry him.  We were on the 401 and it was perfect.

 I said yes and got a beautiful ring and a new Fiancé.
It was a perfect vacation. I am happy, relaxed, and ready to go back to "the real world".

3 comments:

ninja pony mom said...

Awwww! How very cool. I'm very happy for you! Mr. CrossPropz keeps talking about you getting engaged---he is SILLY happy---it is cute.

Hey! I want a vacation like that. So perfect.

Anonymous said...

Nice post with pictures! Looking good with that new ring. Welcome home!

Sincerely, The Sister

Jennifer Sharp said...

congrats on your engagement!