Saturday, January 14, 2012

Bermuda Day 2

Today, we got wet. Very wet. It rained so hard there were rivers running down the streets. When you pedaled, your feet went in the water. When cars passed you, a giant spray of water hit you--in the belly if you are tall, in the face if you are Anne.

It was fun and funny and wet. Not cold. This is Bermuda, and I have yet to be cold while being here (famous last words).

I did not take any pictures today. It was wet and I didn't want to get my camera wet. Plus when you are riding and getting rained on, the last thing you want to do is get out your camera and try to take a picture.

We also got our butts kicked by new teammie Olivia. For once, I didn't have to be in charge of the core workout. Olivia is a personal trainer when not racing her bike and she beat us up. Badly. Actually, I didn't even do the entire workout because I'm a pansey who only likes the pain cave while riding bikes or skiing on skis.

We got our picture taken several times today--once with the mayor of some small town we were in--we got to see a "dunking", and we got absolutely poured on.

We've been eating some pretty good food. No longer do we have to wait an hour for food at each meal (thank goodness), and I've stopped being hungry since we bought snacks and ride food at the grocery store.

Tomorrow, we ride bikes. It's supposed to be windy. Windy isn't windy until you've lived on the front range of Colorado, so it shouldn't be too bad. Plus, we are in Bermuda and I have yet to get cold.

No comments: