Thursday, March 29, 2012

Almost a Fairy Tale

It was almost a fairy tale. Break arm in crash, come back a year later and win that same race. But, it wasn't a fairy tail. I did not win the Redlands crit. Honestly, I didn't think I could. You don't win a race that you don't have confidence to win in the first place.

Instead, I won the next day. That's good enough for me.
Actually, I didn't win alone. Unlike three years ago, I could not have won Sunset without my teammates. They set me up perfectly. All I had to do was deliver. It was an amazing feeling.

I cried on the podium. Life is an interesting ride. It takes all kinds of twists and turns. All you can do it enjoy the ride and make it as comfortable as possible.

What made Redlands even more special, this year, was one of my ALP Cycles Coaching athletes, Monica, was racing as well.  She cleaned up. Actually, she better have cleaned up- she's world TT champ so coach would expect nothing less.
Watching Monica race each day was very rewarding for me.

After racing, it was time to pack up and head to the airport.
My post race dinner? Chips, guac,
and airport burrito--all for myself!
Now, I get to be home. I love home and I appreciate more and more when I leave it.

1 comment:

Anderbergs said...

Congrats Ali! You are the woman! Mina is excited for your win.