Monday, October 29, 2012

Almost!

One day. One day (actually less than 10 hours) until I can have espresso, oatmeal with granola, and chips.

When I wake up, I'll be on day 10 of my cleanse. I'll be able to slowly add "normal" food back into my diet. I'm excited.

Nothing much as changed the past two days. I'm still having small green poop, still eating beans and white rice. Today, being day 9, I got to eat oatmeal, and had more choices of fruits and veggies.

Today, I had enough energy to barista for 6 hours, do coaching work, go to the gym, and go on a dog walk-- something four days ago would have killed me. Carbohydrates and calories rule!

Tomorrow, when I have my first shot of espresso in 10 days, I'll wonder "was it worth it?". Do I feel "better" or "cleaner" now? Well, one thing is for sure; as I get further and further away from days 5-7 I do feel better and have more energy- but I'm pretty sure it's because I'm able to eat more and eat more carbohydrates. If nothing else, this cleanse reaffirmed that my body likes carbohydrates and fat far better than it likes protein and meat.

10 days ago, I started the cleanse with the goals- "I'm doing it as a personal challenge and to try to figure out what, in my every day eating, gives me such bad gas".


I was challenged. Big time! This cleanse was hard and, honestly, I'm not sure I want to do it again- ever.

A large amount of beans give me gas.
I'm also curious about peanuts and their effect on my gassiness. I guess I'll find out when I eat them again. Same with corn.

For now, I can go to bed looking forward the morning and it's routine instead of dreading it.





No comments: