Friday, August 31, 2007

France

We're here. In France. After an uneventful day of travel we arrived yesterday in way-western France. Plouay to be exact. Actually, that's where the race is tomorrow. I can't remember the town we are staying in but it's on the coast, so I saw some ocean yesterday.

I am constantly being reminded as to what makes France so special:
-small hotel rooms
-bad coffee
-rude, smoking people

Actually the breakfast at our hotel is surprisingly good so not all is bad.

Tomorrow is a circuit race that looks like it will be tough for sure. We're all excited. Though walking to breakfast this morning I got a weird cramp in my quad that's still hurting (dang stairs), so I am hoping tomorrow it will be feeling better (think healing vibes!).

Here are some great quotes from the airplane yesterday:
-"if you are caught smoking in the toilet..." (interesting visual)
-"please retain to your seat"

No comments: